Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Proverbs in 31 Days

I have never been very good at having a regular quiet time so lately I've been trying different things to try to change that.  I found this bible study on line today and it looks doable and has an amazing template called SOAP that can be adapted for any bible study. Here is a link to what SOAP is: momstoolbox.com/blog/what-is-soap/ and here is a link to the Proverbs study: http://www.momstoolbox.com/blog/2011/10/31/proverbs-1/

The Call to Repentance
Proverbs 1


Scripture: Proverbs 1:23
If you had responded to my rebuke, I would have poured out my heart to you and made my thoughts known to you.


Observation:  When God calls my attention to an area of sin in my life, I need to take it seriously and repent immediately. I love knowing that if I do this, He will pour out His love (heart) on me and share His thoughts with me.  If I do not repent, I am missing out on His heart and thoughts.


Application:  I need to be more sensitive in my listening for His words. I need to respond quickly, obediently, and humbly that I may experience more of Him.


Prayer:  Dear Lord,


I know I fail you daily. May I be more sensitive to your gentle calls for repentance that I may enjoy a more rich relationship with you.  Forgive me for when I have failed to heed that call.  May I be more aware and filled with more urgency to make things right with you. Thank you for being so patient with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment