Monday, November 14, 2011

Proverbs 14 Build Your House

Scripture:  Proverbs 14:1  The wise woman builds her house, but with her own hands the foolish one tears hers down.


Observation:  Every day we have a choice.  We can be kind and uplifting to those around us or we can tear others down with criticism and negativity.  The first builds our house, the last tears it down.  We are responsible for which one we choose.


Application:  When I wake up each morning, I want to make a conscious decision to build my house that day. Starting with prayers of thanksgiving for all my blessings and praying for each family member makes for a great start.  I need to make an even bigger effort to not allow myself to miss those first moments of the day with the Lord.


Prayer:  Dear Lord, 


Thank you for blessing me with an amazing family.  I want to build this house daily with words of encouragement and loving kindness and not tear it down with harsh words.  Please forgive me for the times when I hurt others with criticism and negativity.  Help me to seek you each morning in prayer so I may start each day filled up with your love.  


Amen  

No comments:

Post a Comment