Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Proverbs 8 Desire Wisdom

Scripture:  Proverbs 8:11  For wisdom is more precious than rubies, and nothing you desire can compare with her.


Observation:  This is hard for me to admit.. I have the art of comparison down.  I compare what someone else has to what we have constantly-without even realizing I'm doing it: Gina is on a cruise? I wish WE could afford that.  Lisa bought a new sweater? I wish I could afford that.  You get the picture. I know I need to stop and I'm working on it but old habits die hard, right?!  Something I need to desire more than any material object is wisdom.  It's worth so much more than anything I can imagine or anything my neighbor has.


Application:  Stop desiring what I don't have and start being more thankful for what I do have!  Focus on storing up for myself treasures in heaven and not on earth.  Desire wisdom.  Seek it. Pray for it earnestly and be content.


Prayer:  Dear Lord,


Forgive me for not being content. Please forgive me for coveting what my neighbor has.  Thank you for the countless blessings you shower on me daily.  Please help me to seek first your kingdom and the treasures of heaven that are worth so much more than I can imagine.  I want to desire your wisdom above all else.  I pray you will help me in my search for it daily.  I love you, Lord.


Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment