Sunday, November 6, 2011

Proverbs 6; Be Prepared!

Scripture:  Proverbs 6:6-8  Go to the ant, you sluggard; consider its ways and be wise! It has no commander, no overseer or ruler, yet it stores its provisions in summer and gathers its food at harvest.


Observation: I can be lazy sometimes..yes, yes I can.  I know it's not a Godly trait as he never stops working! I do think that this can be applied more spiritually than physically to me.  I don't "feel" like doing a quiet time that day... I'm too tired to pray and study... but my tv show is on.. Yeah, I'm admitting that. After I've skipped my time with the Lord, I inevitably look back at all the time and energy I actually had and spent somewhere else and feel defeated. I'm so thankful that His mercies are new every morning. 


Application:  I don't want to be lazy with my relationship with the Lord!  I want to be ready spiritually for each day and what it may bring.  Last night, we had an earthquake in Kansas.  Yep, weirdest thing I've ever felt. It took everyone off guard and really shook us up (literally!) We are not even close to being prepared for an earthquake. In fact, we don't even know what that means.  I don't want to be caught off guard in the "earthquakes" that will inevitably happen in this life.  I want to be spiritually prepared and ready for whatever this life has in store but I can only do that if I'm not being lazy in my  relationship with my Lord.


Prayer:  Dear Lord,


Thank you that you are always waiting for me to come sit down with you.  I'm sorry that I often get lazy with our relationship.  Help me to store up provisions for the inevitable "earthquakes" in life by spending that intimate time with you. Forgive me for making excuses or putting other things in front of our relationship.   I love you so much my Lord.


Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment