Saturday, November 19, 2011

Proverbs 19 Don't Blame God

Scripture:  Proverbs 19:3  A person's own folly leads to their ruin, yet their heart rages against the Lord.


Observation: Many times God receives the blame for man's wrong decisions. Even though God is all-powerful, He gives us free-will. He allows us to make the decisions but also to take the consequences for those decisions. 


Application:  Sometimes my decisions will not be pleasing to God. When this happens, the consequences will probably not be pleasing either. I want to bathe my life in prayer so that God can work through my decisions and help me make the right ones. Even when things don't turn out the way I think they should, I can then trust God with the outcome.  I don't want to blame God, I want to trust Him.


Prayer:  Dear Lord,   Forgive me for the times when I angrily blamed you for the choices that I made.  Please help me to listen to your words of direction when I'm making a decision so that I can trust the outcome to you.  I want to make Godly choices and bless and honor you with my life.  I love you Lord.


Amen







No comments:

Post a Comment