Monday, November 28, 2011

Proverbs 28 Don't freeze up! Just give Already!

Scripture:  Proverbs 28:27  Those who give to the poor will lack nothing, but those who close their eyes to them receive many curses.


Observation:  This time of year is very overwhelming to me.  There are so many good organizations and charities that it's so difficult for me to decide the who, what and how to give.  I tend to freeze up and walk right by the Salvation Army bell ringer.  Money has always been a struggle for us that it causes me to hesitate as well.  I want our family to understand and participate in giving so they will grow up to be generous givers.


Application:  I'm going to continue to pray that God will make it clear where He would like us to give our time and money this season.  I will stop freezing up and listen to the call on my heart to help others, not just at this time of year, but all year long.


Prayer:  My Dear Lord,  Please forgive me for not responding to the needs of the organizations and bell ringers around me.  Help me to be able to clearly understand who you want us to help and how.  I want to honor and bless those around me that need not only material possessions but also need to know you and your great love for them.  Help me not to freeze up and walk by but to listen to your call on my heart.  Thank you for your many blessings on myself and my family.  Please help my children grow up with a desire to serve you through helping those around them.


Amen

2 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to give to those in need, but choosing an organization that I can trust has been hard. Your application help me realize that if I seek God's wisdom he will guide me to the right place.
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts they are always a blessing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so nice to read your words. Iron definitely sharpens iron so thank you for your encouragement!

    ReplyDelete