Thursday, November 3, 2011

Proverbs 3; Have confidence in the Lord

Scripture:  Proverbs 3:25-26  Have no fear of sudden disaster or of the ruin that overtakes the wicked, for the Lord will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being snared.


Observation:  My whole life I have constantly waited for the next disaster.  If things were going well, I was afraid to be too happy because I knew something bad would inevitably come and I felt the happier I was, the harder I would fall when it did.  I have always lived in fear of whatever lay in wait... the death of a loved one, financial failure, etc.  Even knowing that we live in a fallen world, and that bad things will happen, I need to remember that He never leaves me to handle it alone. I need to be confident that He will work it all together for good and that through all things Christ gives me strength.  He will walk me through the disasters in this life and keep my foot from being snared. 


Application:  As I do my daily studies, I truly feel that my confidence in the Lord will grow.  I am hoping that I will learn that I can trust Him in all things and that He really does want the best for me.  We are also memorizing all of James this year in our homeschool studies and as I internalize those scriptures, I'm hoping that my fear will diminish. I need to keep my eyes focused on the prize!!


Prayer:  Dear Lord,


It's hard to believe that I struggle with fear of sudden disaster when I know that you are the mighty creator of the earth and everything in it.  I want to understand how much you love and care for me in a way that I've never felt before.  Forgive me for allowing my focus to be on the problems of this world instead of keeping my eye on the prize that you have set before me.  Lord, please be my confidence and keep my foot from being snared. 


Thank you for loving and dying for me.


Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment