Sunday, November 20, 2011

Proverbs 20 Be Careful What You Promise

Scripture:  Proverbs 20:25  It is a trap to dedicate something rashly and only later to consider one's vows.  


Observation:  We need to be careful what we promise to others. 


Application:  Before we rashly make promises to others, we need to make sure we can follow through.  It reflects badly on our character when we make promises we can't keep.  I need to think before I vow so that my word will mean something to others.


Prayer:  Dear Lord,


I want to be someone that others can trust.  I never want my word to be seen as empty and meaningless.  Please help me to think it through before I make a promise to someone. Thank you that your Word can always be trusted and your promises are always kept. 


Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment