Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Proverbs 22 Prudent not Simple!

Scripture:  Proverbs 22:3  The prudent see danger and take refuge, but the simple keep going and pay the penalty.


Observation:  There are times that I sense danger but for one reason or another, don't act on it.  Sometimes I may be too embarrassed to speak up or I may question my instincts and think I'm being over sensitive.  I need to remember that the holy spirit will nudge me in the right direction if I'll let Him.


Application:  Instead of continuing in a dangerous direction because of fear of embarrassment, I need  to listen to the Holy Spirit's direction and take refuge. I don't want to end up paying a penalty for my bad judgement.  I will continue to pray for God's wisdom in those situations and trust His guidance. 


Prayer:    Thank you, Lord, that you have given us the Holy Spirit to gently guide us.  Forgive me for the times that I have allowed embarrassment and peer pressure to stop me from changing direction.  If I sense your Holy Spirit pressing me, I pray for your strength to follow your lead.  I ask you to fill me with your wisdom to guide myself and my children in the way you want us to go. I don't want my children to pay a penalty for my bad judgement.  Help me to be prudent and not simple!  Thank you, Lord!




Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment