Monday, November 7, 2011

Proverbs 7 Pleasing God Only

Scripture:  Proverbs 7: 2   Keep my commands and you will live; guard my teachings as the apple of your eye. 


Observation:  So many times I am swayed by those around me to allow things in my life that aren't biblical. I need to stop allowing other's lives to negatively influence my own decisions for myself and my family and hold tight to the Lord's teachings.  He is the only one that I need to please.


Application:  There are so many decisions to be made in a day. Sometimes I grow weary of trying to make the right ones. I end up saying "Well, so-and-so did it, so it must be okay", instead of looking to God's word for direction.  I don't want to be a lazy christian. I need to continually be in God's word and asking HIM for His direction and not looking to others for it.  I need to guard His teachings in my heart and not allow anything to sway me.


Prayer:  Dear Lord,


Please forgive me when I've been a lazy christian.  I never want to grow weary of doing good. Please help me to keep your commands and to guard your  teachings as I know it comes with a wonderful promise.. that I will live!  I don't want to allow outside influences in my decisions for myself and my family that are not biblical. Lord, please grant me strength to keep fighting the good fight, even if it's not pleasing to others.  Help my sole focus be to please you and you only.  Thank you for your precious word that I have the freedom to access whenever I need it.  You are such a generous and loving God and how I praise you for your many blessings!


Amen





No comments:

Post a Comment