Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Proverbs 15 Have a Happy Heart!

Scripture:  Proverbs 15: 13  A happy heart makes the face cheerful, but heartache crushes the spirit.


Observation:  A lot of times, I let my circumstances get me down.  I know my face shows my downheartedness.  This affects my relationships with my kids and those I meet during the day.  I don't want to allow my circumstances to rule my heart...  I want God and His joy to rule my heart!


Application:  When the day is tough, I need to have a happy heart and put on a cheerful face. I need to remember that God planted me where I am, in the circumstances I'm in, for a reason.  He loves me and wants only the very best for me and that's enough to make my heart happy.  Circumstances are temporary but God's love is eternal.


Prayer:  My dear Lord,  


Please forgive me for allowing each day's circumstances to dictate my heart and attitude.  I don't want my heartache to crush my spirit or those around me.  Please help me to have a happy heart no matter what is going on around me and to trust that you desire only the best for me and my family.  Thank you for the blessings you pour out on me each day.  Thank you for the sacrifice of your only son so that I might have eternal life.  Please rule my heart with your eternal love and joy.  I love you my Lord and King!


Amen

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your post today!! I was JUST struggling with this yesterday. It was a rough day and I let it affect my husband and kids...then I had mommy guilt. Thank you for your reminder that things are the way they are for a reason and I can use that to grow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so thankful we are able to encourage each other through our daily struggles!

    ReplyDelete