Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Proverbs 23 Eternal Riches

Scripture:  Proverbs 23:17-18  Do not let your heart envy sinners, but always be zealous for the fear of the Lord. There is surely a future hope for you, and your hope will not be cut off.


Observation:  When we see others not living for the Lord and enjoying wealth and prosperity, we need to remember where our treasure lies.  They are receiving their reward on earth, ours is waiting for us in heaven. 


Application: I am so thankful that my hope is in the Lord.  If my hope lay in anything else I would live in fear of losing it, for everything else is temporary and fleeting.  When I take my eyes off of Him, envy can begin to creep in. There is no reward greater than eternity with Jesus. I need to continually remember that!


Prayer:  Dear Lord,  Thank you for dying on the cross for me so that I may spend eternity with you.  I know at times I take my eyes off of the eternal prize and allow envy in.  Thank you for your forgiveness and grace.  I am so thankful that I don't have to live in fear of losing that promise.  Heaven's glory is worth waiting for!!  Help me to point others to you so that they may also have the hope of heaven and eternity!


Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment