Thursday, November 17, 2011

Proverbs 17 Let It Go

Scripture:  Proverbs 17:9  He who covers over an offense promotes love, but whoever repeats the matter separates close friends. 


Observation:  It seems a lot of my bible studies lately have to do with my tongue! I think I'm getting the hint :)


When it says "covers over an offense", I believe that means to forgive and let it go. Sometimes I think an offense lingers in the back of our mind for awhile though and we may be tempted to share our frustrations with another, hoping it will make us feel better. It doesn't..and it causes another person to also carry the offense, when it wasn't their's to begin with.


Application:  When I give someone my forgiveness, it needs to come with a promise in my heart to hold my tongue and let the matter go. 


Prayer:  Dear Lord,  I know there will be times that a friend unintentionally offends me and I them.  I pray you would help me to give forgiveness freely, without any "catches".  I don't want to hurt the friendship even more by sharing that offense with others.  Please forgive me when I have done this in the past, not realizing the harm I was causing.  Help me to promote love and not separate close friends.  Thank you for blessing me with some of the most amazing friends a girl could ask for!  May I be as good a friend to them as they are to me.  


Amen







No comments:

Post a Comment