Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Proverbs 29 Fear God and Not Man

Scripture:  Proverbs 29:25  Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord is kept safe.


Observation:  I am guilty of this way too often!  I am always worrying about what others think.  Doing my bible study on this blog has been a huge stretch for me and makes me weigh every word I write.  This is ridiculous!  This is a time I'm supposed to be devoting to the Lord and creating a record of what I'm learning and yet I'm so worried of what someone will think or say. Sheesh.  I worry every time I make a meal for someone or have someone in my home.  I never feel that what I have to offer is good enough.  Wow, I really need to work on this!


Application:  This is hard for me.  How DO I change the way I think?  Well, obviously the first thing I need to do is pray.  As I give this further thought, this is actually a pretty selfish way of thinking.  I mean I need to be doing these things out of love...Love for God and my neighbor.  So where does thinking about myself come in?  Well it shouldn't be.  I will be praying that God helps me to focus on Him and being His servant and not on myself and what others may think.


Prayer:  Dear Lord,  Thank you for showing me some unflattering things about myself today.  Lord, I pray that my focus would be on pleasing you.  I'm sorry that I have been a bit selfish in worrying about what others think.  Show me how to change that way of thought so that I might do greater things for your kingdom.  When my mind is on myself, I know there's so much I'm missing out on.  Thank you for always meeting me for these few minutes of quiet time and revealing these things to me.


I love you, Lord.


Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment