Thursday, December 1, 2011

Proverbs 31

Scripture:  Proverbs 31:27  She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. 


Observation:  We are coming to a crossroads in our lives and I may need to step up to the plate in ways that I haven't had to for quite some time.  My husband may be taking a lower paying job just so he can see his family.  Since our house didn't sell, we can't move to Nebraska and him living there and us here is just not conducive to being the husband and father he would like to be.  This may mean that the only way we can make ends meet is for me to find a way to make money and be more resourceful.  


Application:  I have begun praying that God will show me what to do.  It would need to be flexible enough to work around homeschooling my kids and I'm not sure what that would look like.  I know that God is in control and I will trust Him to guide me to the right situation and my husband to the right job so that we can continue to raise our family together.


Prayer:  Dear Lord,  Even though this situation looks difficult, I know you have a plan.  Thank you that you know what's best for my family and that I can trust you to guide us.  Please help us to make wise decisions that will honor you and our family.  Please show me how I can help my husband so he can come home and be the husband and father that he knows you would like him to be.  Thank you for giving me such a wonderful man that cares more about our family than money or career status.   


Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment