Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Luke 8 Nothing Is Secret

Scripture:  Luke 8:17  For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open.


Observation:  It's scary to think that all those things we think were done in secret will be revealed. It truly makes me ponder the past to try to remember anything I have done that I haven't ever told anyone.  Whatever it may be, Jesus saw and He knows.   It must be hard for Him to watch us doing those things we think we are doing secretly. 


 Recently, I was lied to. It broke my heart to know that this person I trusted would look me in the eye and lie to me.  Even harder, I knew I was being lied to but I was wishing that I didn't. It must break His heart to watch us sin "in secret".  


Application:  I need to remember that every moment of every day, Jesus sees me and what I'm doing.  Nothing is secret from Him.  I can't hide any sin or struggle from Him.  He loves me and wants to forgive me and heal me so that I can do the work He put me on this earth to do.  


Prayer:  Dear Lord,  Please forgive me for the times that I think I'm "getting away" with something.  I can never get away with anything with you.  You see it all and I'm sorry that at times I must break your heart with my thoughts and actions.  Please help me to "take every thought captive" and make sure that wherever I am and whatever I'm doing that I'm honoring You.  Thank you for not allowing me to get away with anything and always holding me accountable.  
I want to be pleasing in your sight, always.


Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment