Monday, December 5, 2011

Luke 1

Scripture:  Luke 1:38  "I am the Lord's servant," Mary answered.  "May your word to me be fulfilled."


Observation:  An angel had just visited Mary and told her astounding news and yet Mary didn't question it. She believed in her God and agreed to whatever His plan was for her life and future.  I can't imagine what was going through her mind at that moment but in the end she fought through any fears and doubts she had and allowed God's plan to unfold. 


Application:  I want to have the faith that Mary had and allow God's plan for my life to unfold as He wills.  God always proves himself worthy of my trust...in the miracle of my children after years of infertility, in my marriage, my son's health after heart surgery and the list goes on. Why do I ever doubt Him?!  Today, I gave my day to Him, knowing it was packed full and chaotic.  As I was unexpectedly plunging the kitchen sink that was clogged, I questioned His plans for my day because they didn't match up with mine.  May I allow His plan to unfold even when it looks nothing like I think it should!


Prayer:  Lord,  please forgive me for ever questioning you or your plan for my life.  Your will is so much better than anything I could dream up.  Thank you for being patient with me when I become impatient with you.  Thank you for being trustworthy and please help me to have the faith I need to trust you with my life, even if it looks different than I expect.  Thank you for Mary's example of faith and Lord  "May your word to me be fulfilled".  I give you my day tomorrow and thereafter to do with as you will. 


Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment