Saturday, December 10, 2011

Luke 5 God's Grace

Scripture:  Luke 5:8  When Simon Peter saw this, he fell at Jesus' knees and said, "Go away from me, Lord; I am a sinful man!"


Observation:  If we could really grasp the amazing grace that Jesus gives us or the massive power He has, we would probably understand completely where Peter was coming from!  How small he must have felt when his eyes were opened and he caught a glimpse of who Jesus really was.  


Application:  I never want to lose sight of the greatness of Jesus. I can easily get caught up in the temporary things of this world and forget all that Jesus did for me on the cross and daily does for me in the forgiveness of my sins and His great love for me.  When I focus on it, sometimes it completely overwhelms me to think that He would do all of that for me.  I can't grasp it.  But I never want to stop trying.  


Prayer:  Dear Lord,  Thank you never quite seems to cover all that you have done for me.  You gave your very life for me so that someday I could come spend eternity with you.  Daily you forgive my faults and errors, loving me more than I can ever imagine.  The greatness of your grace and mercy and love astounds me and confounds me.  I give you my thanks and my very life to use for your will and glory.  I love you my Lord and Savior, my King of Kings and Lord of Lords and I can't wait to spend eternity with you.


Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment