Thursday, December 15, 2011

Luke 10 Choose What is Better

Scripture:  Luke 10:41-42  "Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed.  Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her."


Observation:  I am a Martha through and through.  I worry about many things and forget to focus on what really matters.  At the time, all those things I'm concerned with seem important but in the end I've lost perspective and "sweated the small stuff".  If I would only choose the better, I have the promise that it won't be taken away from me. In other words, I won't regret it.


Application:  Whether it's having people over, trying to keep up with the daily demands of life or just watching my daughter make a mess in the kitchen while she makes us cookies, I need to remember not to worry about the small stuff.  When people come over, I need to focus on loving them, listening to them and blessing them with friendship.  When my daughter is making a mess in my eyes, she's really trying to use the creativity that God gave her and bless her family.  I need to pray that God will help me see the more important things that are happening and that I won't focus on the silly little details that I get all caught up in.  


Prayer:  Dear Lord,   Please help me to focus more on the big picture.  I tend to worry about all the little details when you would rather that I focus on loving you and my neighbor.  Show me how to let go of all my concerns and let you guide me. Forgive me for missing the point so many times.  I don't want to look back and have regrets about not choosing what was better. 


Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment