Monday, December 12, 2011

Luke 7 A God of Compassion

Scripture:  Luke 7:13  When the Lord saw her, his heart went out to her and he said, "Don't cry."


Observation:  It is so comforting to me that our Lord is so compassionate.  He truly feels our pain and hurts with us.  I love knowing that His heart goes out to me when I'm struggling and He sees me when I cry. 


Application:  When I am feeling utterly alone and hopeless, I need to remember that He said in Joshua 1:5 "I will never leave you nor forsake you".  He sees me when I cry and is waiting to comfort me.  He understands my pain and hurts when I hurt.  He is preparing a place for me where there are no tears or pain to live forever with Him (John 14:2)  


Prayer:  Dear Lord,  Thank you for being such a compassionate and loving God.  I love knowing that when I cry, you are right there ready to comfort me and lead me on.  Please help me to allow you to comfort me.  Help me to feel your presence in those moments and remember your words of compassion and hope so that I can then get up and move on.  Thank you for the power of your love.  I pray that I can show that same compassion to others.  I love you my Lord.


Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment