Sunday, December 11, 2011

Luke 6 Students Follow In Their Teacher's Footsteps

Scripture:  Luke 6:40  The student is not above the teacher, but everyone who is fully trained will be like their teacher.


Observation:  The truth is that we unknowingly become like our teachers. They are in authority over us and we follow their lead.  This seems especially true when it comes to homeschooling.  I am with my children all day, every day and influence them greatly.  I need to make sure that I'm fully trained by my Teacher so that I will be like Him and teach my children accordingly. I want my children to see Jesus through me!


Application:  I know this has been repeated quite often but reading the bible and having a daily quiet time will ensure that I'm continuing my training.  I need to make sure that Jesus is my teacher and not the multitude of outside influences such as friends, television, facebook, etc.


Prayer:  Dear Lord,  Please help me to be consistent in my daily quiet time.  Help me to place you first above all else so that you are my teacher.  I want those around me to see you through me.  Please help me to follow in your footsteps so that my children will do the same.  Forgive me for allowing other things to guide and teach me when I should be focusing on the wisest teacher there is.  Thank you for daily meeting me for training!


Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment