Thursday, December 8, 2011

Luke 3 Produce Good Fruit

Scripture:  Luke 3:9  The ax is already at the root of the trees, and every tree that does not produce good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire.


Observation:  We will be known by our fruit.  Talking the talk doesn't cut it, we need to walk the walk. Time is short and we need to make the most of the moments we have to show those around us who Jesus is through our words and deeds.


Application:  I need to make sure that my actions match my words.  I don't want to be a hypocrite!  I want people to know from my actions and words where my devotion lies.
 "And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." Colossians 3:17


Prayer:  Dear Lord,  Thank you for allowing us this time now on earth to try to tell as many people as possible about you and your love so that they can live in eternity with you.  Your grace always amazes me.  Please grant me more of a sense of urgency to tell others about salvation.  I pray that my words and actions will help and not hinder my witnessing to others.  Help them to see you through me.  Forgive me when I fail in this area.  I truly want to produce good fruit in your name!


Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment