Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Luke 1 (Part 2) Believe

Scripture:  Luke 1:45  Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord would fulfill his promises to her!


Observation:  I believe that this goes along with yesterday's amazement at Mary's faith.  When we believe in and allow God to work his will in us, He can do great and mighty things with our lives.  Our thinking is so small and limited, his perspective is big and limitless.  I want to believe that every promise of God will be fulfilled and receive His blessing!


Application:  Truly surrendering to God takes becoming intimate with Him in prayer and His Word.  The more you know Him, the more you trust Him and know that He wants to "prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future".  Mary must have been intimately seeking God to trust Him so much.  


Prayer:  My Dear Lord,   Thank you for the example of Mary.  She was a humble and willing servant.  She allowed You to work your will in her life and accepted whatever future you had in mind for her and the child she had yet to meet.  She trusted you wholeheartedly.  Please help me to be humble and willing as well.  May I trust you wholeheartedly.  Thank you for coming into my life and constantly guiding me into a more intimate relationship with you.  Thank you for loving me and wanting more from my life than my small mind can comprehend.  You always want the best and I trust you.


Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment