Friday, December 9, 2011

Luke 4 Never Let Your Guard Down

Scripture:  Luke 4:13  When the devil had finished all this tempting, he left him until an opportune time.


Observation:  1 Peter 5:8 says "Be alert and of sober mind.  Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour."


  This verse immediately came to mind after reading Luke 4:13.  The devil is always looking for "an opportune time".  We need to always be alert and on our guard.  When the devil left Jesus, it was only to wait for that next open opportunity to try again.  He will never stop looking for that moment that you let your guard down.


Application:  There are several ways that I can be on my guard.  I need to be reading the bible and seeking that intimate relationship with Jesus daily.  I need to constantly be working on that relationship as I would an earthly one but with even more intense focus.  I need to be memorizing scripture so that when the father of lies starts whispering his nonsense to me, I can combat it with the truth.  I want to be so in tune with my father that I can draw on His strength and love when I'm in the midst of a battle.


Prayer:  Dear Lord,   I know that there will be times that Satan will try to use my weaknesses to draw me away from you. He will stop at nothing to make me believe his lies. Please grant me strength in those moments to call upon the truth of who I am in Christ.  Help me to stand up to temptations.  No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it. 1 Corinthians 10:13


Thank you for loving me and wanting to have an intimate relationship with me. Thank you that you are Truth and I can always run to you as my strong tower.  Help me to never let my guard down!  I love you my Lord,


Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment